SOLVED

Re: Two channels being used for nurture

Go to solution
KaitlynNelson1
Level 3

Two channels being used for nurture

I've been trying to clean up our channels and status' due to a SH request. After investigation, I see that they are using two nurture channels. One is "nurturing program" the other "nurture". They both have active nurtures in them, but "nurturing program" has more then the other channel.  Is there a way to combine them without messing up status' etc?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

You would not be able to switch channels in the programs that have members in them (and w/o switching channel you would not be able to delete the channel, as they would still be used by the programs).For each program with “nurture” channel you would have to remove the program members from “nurture”channel, remove the nurture  channel  from program, add the new “nurturing program” channel, and re-add the members with correct status values, this would cause loss in program membership data for reporting. Easier and logical way would be to hide the "nurture" channel and going forward use the "nurturing program" channel for the nurture programs instead, keeping the programs using nurture channel as-is.

View solution in original post

Darshil_Shah1

Yeah - I think that would make more sense than switching channels in all the programs currently using the "nurture" channel to  the "nurturing-program" channel as that would affect the original program membership data like I said earlier. When you hide a channel from the Marketo Admin, it would no longer show as an available channel while creating a new program, it'd still be available in the reports.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

You would not be able to switch channels in the programs that have members in them (and w/o switching channel you would not be able to delete the channel, as they would still be used by the programs).For each program with “nurture” channel you would have to remove the program members from “nurture”channel, remove the nurture  channel  from program, add the new “nurturing program” channel, and re-add the members with correct status values, this would cause loss in program membership data for reporting. Easier and logical way would be to hide the "nurture" channel and going forward use the "nurturing program" channel for the nurture programs instead, keeping the programs using nurture channel as-is.

KaitlynNelson1
Level 3

So you suggest to just let that nurture keep going, but hide it for future use?

Darshil_Shah1

Yeah - I think that would make more sense than switching channels in all the programs currently using the "nurture" channel to  the "nurturing-program" channel as that would affect the original program membership data like I said earlier. When you hide a channel from the Marketo Admin, it would no longer show as an available channel while creating a new program, it'd still be available in the reports.