Re: Troubleshooting: Form flow step does not update fields in salesforce after I renamed it

songduong
Level 2

Troubleshooting: Form flow step does not update fields in salesforce after I renamed it

On the flow I have 6 change data value steps. They all worked until I had to change the API names for 3 of them. I'm aware that changing API names in SFDC results in new fields in Marketo, I went ahead and updated the form and the flow to reference the new fields.

However, the flow simply skips over the steps that reference the new fields. It'll sync values back to salesforce for the first 3 fields that I didn't change, but not the 3 I changed.

There is no sync error. Those specific fields also sync back to SFDC when I update values directly on the lead page. But something is wrong about the flow that doesn't update those fields in SFDC. 

I've tried removing those steps and adding them back, still doesn't work.

Those 3 problem fields are supposed to be pulling Market token values. Maybe it has something to do with the tokens. But the tokens worked before I changed the field names. I checked the new token name over and over, it is correct, it's just not pushing into SFDC. The tokens are {{lead.field name}}

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this?
5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Troubleshooting: Form flow step does not update fields in salesforce after I renamed it

You're referring to "syncing to SFDC" but the more fundamental question is: are the changes taking effect in Marketo?
songduong
Level 2

Yes - Marketo data is good, they just aren't going to salesforce

SanfordWhiteman

I get the feeling you‘re updating different fields on the direct Lead Management page. Are you 100% sure those fields do not appear on 2 different tabs? Please check again.
songduong
Level 2

No, it is not updating another fields. I looked at all fields and there is nowhere the values are stored

SanfordWhiteman

I would want to investigate this further using the API to pull out the current values and explicit underlying field names. The source of a data value change -- if the change is not blocked by Block Field Updates, of course -- should have no effect on the sync. So, whether you can see/control it or not, I suspect you're updating 2 different fields.