SOLVED

Trouble starting the lead conversion due to clicks on external or PDF links in emails

Go to solution
Arturo_Olivares
Level 2

Trouble starting the lead conversion due to clicks on external or PDF links in emails

Hi everyone!

Have you ever had trouble starting the lead conversion due to clicks on external links or PDFs in emails?

It seems that if a client clicks on an external link or a pdf in an email, it will not be taken as a valid activity to start the lead conversion.

Thank you!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Trouble starting the lead conversion due to clicks on external or PDF links in emails

You could use the re-director page approach that Sandy has documented on his blog here. Through the re-director page approach, you'd be able to see a person's subsequent web activities on your website even if they clicked the pdf file from a device that has no Munchkin association.

If you've added the links (external page/pdf) in your email as tracked ones, you'd see the Clicked Link activity for the clicks. However, you'd not be able to track activities/associate anonymous leads on the external web pages in Marketo, as Munchkin won't be present on the external pages. Also, by external pages, I mean the pages not owned by you, if you're trying to track the activities on the external pages owned by you (i.e., non-Marketo LPs), you could place the Munchkin JS on them to track the activities in Marketo.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Trouble starting the lead conversion due to clicks on external or PDF links in emails

You could use the re-director page approach that Sandy has documented on his blog here. Through the re-director page approach, you'd be able to see a person's subsequent web activities on your website even if they clicked the pdf file from a device that has no Munchkin association.

If you've added the links (external page/pdf) in your email as tracked ones, you'd see the Clicked Link activity for the clicks. However, you'd not be able to track activities/associate anonymous leads on the external web pages in Marketo, as Munchkin won't be present on the external pages. Also, by external pages, I mean the pages not owned by you, if you're trying to track the activities on the external pages owned by you (i.e., non-Marketo LPs), you could place the Munchkin JS on them to track the activities in Marketo.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Like Darshil says, you want a redirector page.

Would probably be clearer to talk about the technical issue, rather than the abstract concept of “start the lead conversion”.

• Clicks on assets that don’t run Munchkin are logged as Clicked Email activities.
  • By definition, they are not logged as Visit Web Page activities.
  • Also by definition, they do not result in associating a Munchkin session with a known lead.