Re: Triggering smart campaigns based on changes to custom values (Salesforce, Adobe Sign)

pghanem
Level 1

Triggering smart campaigns based on changes to custom values (Salesforce, Adobe Sign)

Hey everyone,

I'm using the Marketo Salesforce CRM sync, and also using Adobe Sign on the salesforce side. I've confirmed that my sync works with Leads/Persons being updated as expected on each side.

I want to create a smart campaign which is reacting to the Adobe Sign Agreements created in Salesforce. There are a few custom objects that appear once the CRM sync is set up, here they are, and also the Triggers that get created automatically.

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 3.15.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-22 at 3.14.45 PM.png

I've tried many things, but have been unable to trigger on these two scenarios:

1) Triggering if an agreement has not been signed in Salesforce after X amount of time

2) Triggering if an agreement has been created

I know that the data exists somewhere in Marketo because the sync shows recipients and agreements being updated when I work with Sign Agreements in Salesforce (example below):

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 3.19.13 PM.png

My question is, how can I trigger these campaign actions using these updates which are clearly happening in Marketo? I know this is a specific usecase and its unlikely somebody has done this exact thing - but I'm also wondering where in Marketo I can gain some insight into this data structure... i.e. where can I see the actual data about Recipients and Agreements which is coming in from Salesforce? 

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Triggering smart campaigns based on changes to custom values (Salesforce, Adobe Sign)

Added to Agreement fires when a new Agreement record is linked to the person.

As for the date range check, you can use a Wait step and check the date field against the current date when the flow resumes.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

I'm not familiar with these specific Custom Objects - let's call them native Salesforce Custom Objects for now - but we have a ton of non-native Custom Objects in our instance, and for these you can request a specific "Is/Was Updated" filter/trigger from Support.

Looks like this:

Michael_Florin_0-1603464340037.png

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Ah sorry, nevermind. Just read that this "Is Updated" trigger is not available for Salesforce Custom Objects.

https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Trigger+Off+Custom+Object+Changes

Michael_Florin_0-1603465005479.png