Re: Trigger when enter smart campaign

Hoppers13
Level 4

Trigger when enter smart campaign

hi all, so sorry, i have read similar on this but it doesn't specifically apply.

So, i'm trying to create 1. a batch campaign for all inactive users (this will be a one off but have subsequent emails to notify them their account will expire). 

2. then a triggered campaign for when users become inactive.

3. a campaign to let people know that they're active users again.

i have built 2 smartlists in the db already, one has active users using api data (based on a specific criteria)

and then the inactive users sl is just: is a member but is not a member of the active users SL.

the batch campaign is the easy one and i think is just about there before i start testing.

just wondering if anyone can help with the triggered campaign plus the one where they reactivate (at different stages - might be at three  weeks, might be two, might be one). i'm just not sure what trigger to use, entry on the inactive smartlist would be the perfect trigger but im not seeing it.

Sorry, I've asked a lot of the forums recently, but feel like i've hit a dead end here.

thanks, Mike

4 REPLIES 4
Vinay_Kumar
Level 9 - Community Advisor

How do you precisely determine which users are considered active based on specific actions or engagements within a defined timeframe?

Hoppers13
Level 4

hi Vinay, thanks for coming back...

so our leads are considered active if they're members & have logged in to their account within five years.

and either of:

has completed reservation date in past 10 years & status is legally complete

or

have reservation & is a new reservation
or

has reservation & is status under offer

or

has reservation & reservation has been sent to legal
or

has reservation & res status is exchanged fixed date 

or

has reservation & res status is exchanged on notice.

so to answer your question: we determine "active" in a multitude of ways.

then my inactive SL is for anyone not on this SL.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Well, that's because there isn't a trigger for a person becoming eligible for the smart list, as it is only run when you load it or when other campaigns/SL reference it for membership (unlike a segmentation where the segment updates as soon as a person gets updated and becomes eligible for it). Also, why don't you use the triggers (e.g., field change, addition to a static list, etc.) that would signify a person being an active or inactive user as the criteria for smart campaigns 2 and 3?

Hoppers13
Level 4

hi Darshil, sorry for taking a while....

So you would ignore the smartlists we have in the database for inactive/active users for my triggered campaign & simply create a list (would this be at program level)? what would the setup of the static list(s) look like please?

thanks, Mike