Re: Trigger Upon Inactivity of Field

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trigger Upon Inactivity of Field

Hi,

I want to trigger / set a nightly batch job an email alert to our SDRs when the Lead Status field is unchanged from "Disqualify/Nurture" for 9 months. This will let us reach out to stale leads that might have better timing. I'm thinking that I need two conditions in the smart list:

-Looks at those records whose lead status field was changed to "Disqualify/Nurture" exactly 9 months ago.

-Looks at records whose lead status field whose old value "Disqualify/Nurture" hasn't changed for 9 months ago

This doesn't seem to be working. Any help would be appreciated!

Rob

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I would do is create two filters

1.  Filter on lead status field

is Disqualify Nurture

+

2.  filter on Not data value changed

field = lead status field

date of activity = in past 9 months

Run nightly

Anonymous
Not applicable

The hard part of the problem is the 2nd filter--how to bring only the records from 270 days ago (i.e. MArch 23, 2016) rather than all the records from everyday in that period?

marketo question.png

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Rob, so for "data value changed" bring in the date of activity "in past 270 days". The "not data value changed" filter excludes those in the past 269 days, so the smart list's leads will only show those that changed 270 days ago.

Josh_Hill13

This won't work anyway unless you opt out of data archiving. note that DVC are archived after 90 days and not accessible.

What you actually want to do is

• Batch daily - Lead Status=X
  • Wait 270 days
  • if Lead Status=X, Send Alert

You may want to get fancier and use a sister campaign to Remove from Flow anyone who has Lead Status=Y.

Schedule=Every Time.

Think about it more too.

Josh_Hill13

The other issue here is that Send Alert isn't allowed in Batch flows. So you may need to modify to be a trigger.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all. Josh-I like your idea moving forward but can't wait 90 days for this to start kicking in. Any ideas for how to get this to work today starting for those records that haven't changed status in 90 days?  Is disabling data archiving a bad idea?

Josh_Hill13

You can start it now for the 90 day window in the past. Just change the filter conditions.

You can discuss with Support the implications of the data archive. I am unsure if they still allow you to opt out.