SOLVED

Re: Trigger Email on No Data Change After Set Time?

Go to solution
nhabischWings
Level 5

Trigger Email on No Data Change After Set Time?

Hey all,

Is it possible in Marketo to trigger an email after a set amount of time if no data change happens?

For example: I have two fields: Product - Debit Card (Boolean) and Debit Card Activation (Boolean)

I have one Smart Campaign so that if Product - Debit Card changes to TRUE, they get sent an email.

I'm wanting to setup a trigger campaign that does the following:

- If received Email 1, wait 7 days

- After 7 days if Debit Card Activation = False, send email

I see you can set trigger if Data Value changes, but I don't see a way to check and send if value has not changed.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yes, you can't trigger on the absence of activity — that wouldn't make sense — but you can do this 2 ways:

1. Wait 7 Days, Add Choice that filters on the current value of the field.
  2. Set (Change Data Value) a custom Date field like Activation Reminder Date to today + 7 days. Schedule a batch campaign to hit everybody whose reminder is today and who doesn't have the field value you want.

Generally I prefer a batch.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yes, you can't trigger on the absence of activity — that wouldn't make sense — but you can do this 2 ways:

1. Wait 7 Days, Add Choice that filters on the current value of the field.
  2. Set (Change Data Value) a custom Date field like Activation Reminder Date to today + 7 days. Schedule a batch campaign to hit everybody whose reminder is today and who doesn't have the field value you want.

Generally I prefer a batch.

Mariah_Mattick
Level 4

I'd echo Stanford's suggestion. If you're set on using the triggered approach, you could create a field that gets populated based on the 'inactivity of changes' (via batch campaign processes) and then once that gets populated, you could trigger an email send. This would be extra processes to configure, but a field may be nice in your situation. 

Mariah Mattick
nhabischWings
Level 5

Thank you! I'll give this a try.