SOLVED

Re: {{trigger.CO Name}} not working

Go to solution
EllenSchwier
Level 4

{{trigger.CO Name}} not working

Following the directions in this post, I set up a smart campaign to transfer a value from a custom object to a person field every time the custom object was updated. However, it is not working for me. Looking for some help troubleshooting...

My Smart List:

smart list.JPG

The Flow steps:

Flow.JPG

And what I am seeing in the Results tab:

Results.JPG

The trigger token is a direct copy of the field name (display name, not API name). I cannot think of anything that I did differently from the original post where several commenters mentioned their success with this approach.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Two immediate ideas up front:

1. You have two triggers. "Is Updated" very likely doesn't work and probably kills the whole process.

2. Is "Opportunity" even a CO? It's a synced Salesforce object, but not a Marketo Custom Object in the sense the quoted original poster meant.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Two immediate ideas up front:

1. You have two triggers. "Is Updated" very likely doesn't work and probably kills the whole process.

2. Is "Opportunity" even a CO? It's a synced Salesforce object, but not a Marketo Custom Object in the sense the quoted original poster meant.

EllenSchwier
Level 4

Thank you for the ideas.

I think you may be right about the Updated Trigger not working. And unfortunately, that is the primary trigger I need.

In this specific situation, we don't have a native integration set up, so I believe the opportunities are still custom objects. But also worth a further investigation.

I will post again if I solve it. 

Michael_Florin
Level 10

If we think about it: "Object Is updated" can't work as a trigger, as it doesn't leave a trace in the activity history.

I've tested in my environment with "Added to Opportunity" - which is the native Salesforce integration - and it didn't work either. Got the same error message that you got, so I'm inclined to say that this won't work at all with the opportunity object.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

In this specific situation, we don't have a native integration set up, so I believe the opportunities are still custom objects. But also worth a further investigation.

(Marketo’s built-in Opportunity object wouldn’t be considered a custom object.)