Re: Trigger Campaign Using Website Visits

ddkennedy
Level 1

Trigger Campaign Using Website Visits

Hi everyone! 

I am working on a trigger campaign that sends out an email after contacts visit certain website pages.

I know for a simple flow, I would use the "visits web page" trigger

-If contacts visit X page(s) within 1 hour, they will receive email 1

My question concerns future-proofing this trigger campaign to account for contacts who visit the same web page(s) at a later date. I wouldn't want to send them the same email they received previously. I plan on creating two additional emails for contacts who repeatedly return to these web pages, but I'm wondering what the cleanest way to trigger these additional sends is.

Here is a screenshots of what I'm thinking:

ddkennedy_0-1726751162754.png

Any insight is welcome, thanks!

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Michael_Florin
Level 10

I know for a simple flow, I would use the "visits web page" trigger

-If contacts visit X page(s) within 1 hour, they will receive email 1

I doubt that you can actually do that. How exactly would that trigger look? 

No, I believe this is not possible. Neither you can - at least easily - formulate a filter/trigger that says "person has visited x pages"  - as in x different ones -, nor can you limited these visits to only count if they happen in an 1 hour timeframe. And if it takes longer than one hour, Marketo is supposed to no longer count the first one.

uditmathur
Level 6

Hi @ddkennedy ,

Can you explain on how are you planning to recognize the leads visiting your webpages. You want to send an email to your visitors but if you do not know that visitor how are you planning to send the email to anonymous leads or new visitors.

I will suggest you to make sure that all new leads visiting your webpages are made known first & then set the trigger based on their activity.

Hope this helps.