Re: Tracking the success of dynamic content

Namita_Parikh
Level 2

Tracking the success of dynamic content

We want to add dynamic content to emails and landing pages (some of these are thank you or follow up pages). Does anyone have any ideas to measure and track the success of making changes like this? Sanford Whiteman​?

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

AB testing?

Emails have some ability with EP report that uses Segmentation. Not sure if Pages can really do this well. You could run some smart lists by Segment with Visits Pages.

Namita_Parikh
Level 2

I thought about this, but was also worried that we just may have some users that are more likely to engage (by clicking, registering) and wasn't sure if that would skew our results.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Seems anyone whose behavior you believe to be predetermined and outside the params of a test shouldn't be included in the test -- or make sure that your population is large enough that this won't disrupt the overall randomness of the test.

Namita_Parikh
Level 2

Thanks for your input. I think we'll have to make sure we have a large enough sample size.

Brooke_Bartos1
Level 6 - Champion

Do you have historic data to compare against, from the same email that did not have dynamic content? Otherwise, A/B testing for your emails, and for landing pages, depending on what it is you're trying to achieve with them, I would suggest either an A/B Test for Landing Pages, or assigning UTM parameters and monitoring in Google Analytics which email specifically the click came from.

Namita_Parikh
Level 2

We have some historical data, so that is something we could look at as well. I think we'll have to look at a combination of metrics in order to determine if it's actually increasing registrations, clicks, etc. Thanks for your input!