Re: Tracking Email Replies As Program Successes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracking Email Replies As Program Successes

Hello,

Is there a way to track email replies as a program success?

I've set up this flow to track replies and attribute a point score.
I imagine I could update the flow to change program statuses to engaged and thus a success. Do you see any flaws in the Smart List logic? Is there a way to track what the email body copy contains? Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

All the best,
Andrew

0EM50000000T3uU.jpg
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Triggers operate in "or" fashion, so the way you have this set up now, it will fire off if any of those triggers is met. So if any email is delivered to a lead, he/she will go through the flow. I'm guessing that's not what you want...
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Jamie is correct.

How do you plan to track email replies? You cannot do this automatically.

From your triggers it seems that you are relying on someone to log an activity in SFDC. That would work fine, but is someone logging those replies?

Tracy_Boesken
Level 4

@Josh_Hill13 Is there ANY way for Marketo to track if someone replies to a Marketo email?

Michael_Florin
Level 10

No.

But there is 3rd party software out there that allows you to do that. Siftrock/Drift Email e.g. https://www.drift.com/platform/email/

Tracy_Boesken
Level 4

Thank you for answering! I will look into your suggestion.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

@Tracy_Boesken - I'm a huge fan of this tool and I can't give it enough praise. But after Siftrock got acquired by Drift, the key component that you're looking for is not that easy to find anymore on their website. I guess it's here now:

https://www.drift.com/platform/email/inbox-management/

The Marketo integration is very solid, and we couldn't live without it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Josh and Jamie,

Thank you both for your feedback. Both of your responses make sense. I want to track email replies by subject lines that start with RE: and don't contain auto-reply, auto, OOO, out of office etc...I'd also filter out unsubscribes. The idea is if an email recipient responds to our emails, that's a form of engagement. Thus, their program status should be changed to engaged. Engaged is a program success. Yes, I realize it is probably impossible to automatically determine email sentiment. The recipient could reply to our emails and say, "I'm not interested" and under my logic still be considered a success. I know it isn't perfect, but this would be a start.

Is there a way to filter the text of a subject line in a smart list without having to have an activity logged or updated with subject line as a constraint?

All the best,
Andrew