Re: Track visits and links on the thank you pages to score and send autoresponder emails.

Prithvi_kumar
Level 1

Track visits and links on the thank you pages to score and send autoresponder emails.

Hi All

Let me write down my question much clearly, I am trying to do the following setup:

• Scoring the leads who clicked on the link (to download a PDF, Doc or excel, etc) on thank-you pages. (Multiple scoring as Lead might click through multiple pages)
  • Also, every lead who clicks on that link need to be synced to SFDC
  • After the lead has made a click on the page, an autoresponder email needs to be sent with the asset URL and other required URLs.

Challenges: 

• I am unable to track both visits and clicks the link on a webpage. (Thank you page)
  • Need to set this set up at a global level & program/campaign level. (Suggestions required for this as well)

Thanks

Prithvi

#behavior scoring#clicked link activity

7 REPLIES 7
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: Track visits and links on the thank you pages to score and send autoresponder emails.

Hi Prithvi,

if you can't see web site visits and clicks on web sites in a person's activity history, something seems to be off with your Munchkin setup. Is this TY page a Marketo page? And if it's not a Marketo page, are you sure, Munchkin is active on that page?

Everything else can only work if that trigger condition is working. Changing score, syncing to SFDC, sending an email can all be done in one Smart Campaign that triggers off of that web page click. But of course, Marketo will need to see that activity.

Best,

Michael

Caitlin_Poliksa
Level 3

I would recommend just using a smart campaign as Michael notes above, you can create a trigger based off of the page visit and or "clicks link on web page" add a constraint for the specific link. Then in your flow you can update the score, or trigger an email. You can do this on the program level, or you can use tokens and do it at the global level. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

...and or "clicks link on web page" add a constraint for the specific link.

Hopefully not a constraint -- that would be very difficult to maintain -- but {{Trigger.Name}} for Clicks Link.

SanfordWhiteman

I am unable to track both visits and clicks the link on a webpage. (Thank you page)

Why is that? Do you know why?

Like Michael says, this is a prereq for everything else. And if the Thank You URL shares the same parent domain as the form URL, there should be no problem seeing the Click Link activities.

Prithvi_kumar
Level 1

Hi Sanford

I have checked and as the page was not built in Marketo we were unable to track the file which is on the external website. So we've created a form with a download button which will be cloned & used for any key asset download on the thank you page.

Once anyone submits the form we will do the scoring and Sync to Salesforce (at a program level). Currently looking to build the same at Global level i.e. to track, score every lead who clicks on the asset form placed either on Marketo page or external website.

Thanks 

Prithvi

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Hi Prithvi,

you can give Marketo access to an external web page, if you deploy Marketo's tracking mechanism, called Munchkin. See: https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Munchkin

Sure, you can place forms to gate the access to your assets, but if you only do that to create visibility for Marketo and not to actually collect person data (which you might already have), using Munchkin and un-gate the asset, could be the better option.

Best,

Michael

SanfordWhiteman

Munchkin should be used here, not a form. This is, as Michael indicates, what Munchkin is designed for.