Re: Track File Links?

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

it's clearly been too long since I set this up -- I completely missed that part when glancing at the code. Works like a charm, as always. Thank you, sir!

Ed_Wong
Level 2

Hi Sanford, I tried this and it seemed like a great solution. I also created a trigger to place people into salesforce campaigns to track those who had viewed the content. Seemed to work great for a few months, However It seemed to stop working recently - where If i tested redirect link myself or had a coworker test the link, they wouldn't be tracked or brought into the triggered campaign. No changes where done recently it just seemed to have stopped. I do have to admit that I don't know what the requirements are and for who this work work for and for who it will not. On the very basic level, my assumptions are that it works for people whom we've already cookie'd with the munchkin previously? Does the munckin expire and perhaps that's why It may no longer work for some people?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It's a simple (and very broad) audience: anyone who lands on the page. The Munchkin cookie doesn't expire until 2 years of inactivity so I doubt that has anything to do with it. You'd have to supply your URL if you want me to look at it further.

SanfordWhiteman

I'm not seeing a problem on that page -- Munchkin is definitely loading and logging hits. Change the asset to a disallowed URL: any change?

Ed_Wong
Level 2

Sanford Whiteman wrote:

Change the asset to a disallowed URL: any change?

Not sure I follow this part.

SanfordWhiteman

Only a certain set of redirectable domains are allowed in your config (which is absolutely correct). So if you try to redirect to a PDF on www.example.com the page will refuse to redirect. That means it behaves exactly like any other LP. Does the Munchkin hit get logged in that case?

Ed_Wong
Level 2

ah got it. so instead of hosting the file on another domain, i simply removed quoraforbusiness.com domain variations from the var section of the allowed domains in your code.

Now, when I try the URL the message says: Asset URL not allowed.

How do I check if the munchkin gets logged

SanfordWhiteman

How do I check if the munchkin gets logged

Look in the lead's Activity Log! (How else?)

Ed_Wong
Level 2

ah - got it. I looked at my own lead record and I don't see any activity under that lead record pertaining to the link and no date/timestamp that corresponds to me clicking on this. The only logs I see for today's date is engagement program content exhausted.

Additionally, there seems to be a broader gap with maybe the logging here. I created a filter (not trigger, of anyone visiting a website page containing "/image/" portion of the URL where we house all of the pdf's we're using with this method. Basically all of the pdf's we'd like to track are under this URL: ...process-redirect#https://go.quoraforbusiness.com/rs/384-CMP-465/images/[X].pdf . Under qualified, i return about 27 lead records here in the last 30 days. However when I go to the redirector page stats with report settings Last 30 days I show 1600 page visits, and over 90 page visits today alone. Seems like we're missing a lot. Is there anything at the admin level with our munchkin code that I can look at that might inform why this gap exists?