SOLVED

Re: Token First Name in a Subject Line - if you're missing a first name can it just leave it blank?

Go to solution
jenrus
Level 1

Token First Name in a Subject Line - if you're missing a first name can it just leave it blank?

I would like to use a Token ie First Name in an email  Subject Line, however, I don't have all first names.  If I'm missing a first name, will Marketo automatically leave it blank as I don't want an alternative?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Token First Name in a Subject Line - if you're missing a first name can it just leave it blank?

Yes, if you just include the token (with no default) it will be blank.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

Yes, if you just include the token (with no default) it will be blank.
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

True. The only thing to be aware of is that it might (depending on how you constructed the sentence) leave you with an annoying extra space where it doesn't belong.

SanfordWhiteman

Didn't want to make this a Velocity thread if it didn't absolutely have to be. 🙂