SOLVED

Re: Tips on testing nurture programs?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tips on testing nurture programs?

Hey all,

I was wondering how others test their nurture programs.

I usually set up the program in our live instance, then add the filter "Email Address starts with allison+test" then pass test leads through the flow.

The problem I face with testing the nurture program stream is that it acts as if the lead is actually going through the nurture. So it hits the communication limit after one cast!

We don't use our Marketo sandbox because of the amount of time to set it up with our other systems. It also takes time to migrate the program over to our live instance.

How do you all test your nurtures?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can set the communication limit in the program itself to include, goes through every time.  If it is still a problem qualify the email as operational and it will bypass your global settings.  Once you go live you can reset the email back to non operational

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Allison Sparrow,

You have a specific testing feature for Nurturing programs. Go to the Stream view, the "program actions" -> Test Stream menu. You will be prompted to select a lead (i.e. you) and a Stream. Then you can click the "Run cast" button, which will trigger the first cast. You will receive the email. Then you can push the button "Run cast" as many times as you want, and you will each time move on to the next content you have not received.

A small button pastedImage_0.png enables you to run the transition rules, so that you may also check them.

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Remember to also reduce Wait Steps to 1 second during tests that have that wait step.

I usually test by cloning the program along with the Email Address brake you mentioned. But you may have to adjust your Transitions or Entry/Exit points accordingly.

Lindsey_Veeh
Level 2

Greg,

When I hit that icon to test the transition rules nothing is happening. Any idea what I could be doing wrong here?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can set the communication limit in the program itself to include, goes through every time.  If it is still a problem qualify the email as operational and it will bypass your global settings.  Once you go live you can reset the email back to non operational

Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

How do I do this in my Nurture program?

Jonathan_Ng2
Level 3

Where is this setting to bypass communication limits in Engagement programs?  I have seen it for other types of programs, but not in the Engagement one.