Hi all! I will be attending the Marketo Summit for the first time, and wanted to know what advice you have for a Summit newbie. Thanks!
Great that you will be attending!
1. Comfy Shoes
2. Plan an A option and a B option for sessions because sessions fill up
3. Meet as many people as you can
4. Attend the parties but try to get rest for the next day.
Oh and the Krewechats episode on this is great: #KreweChat Episode 16: Marketo Summit
See you there!
Also, Marketo wrote a blog on this! http://blog.marketo.com/2017/03/straight-from-the-champions-mouths-what-to-look-forward-to-at-summit...
Joe Reitz and the #krewechats gang also did a video podcast on this recently: #KreweChats Episode 16: Marketo Summit! - YouTube
Last year was my first Summit and I'm attending next month.
- One thing I noticed is that you may be standing/walking for quite a bit of time before getting to sit down, so I'd make sure you take short breaks to stretch out
- I'd also recommend a quick nap after sessions end for the day and before the parties that night begin
- Research beforehand which sessions you want to attend so you can plan your days accordingly. If other colleagues are also attending Summit, attend different sessions to cover the most topics
Good questions! This will be my third Summit, but I'm still very interested in the answers here!
A few thoughts:
Thanks for the great tips! I was curious about the app myself and was told that they'll be launching it a little closer to the event and will send the download information via email.
Also, don't forget that the sessions and slides are all available afterward! This is good to remember because:
When the app comes out, I mark ALL of the sessions I'm interested in attending so I can go back and watch what I didn't attend in person later (or re-watch on I did attend!)
I second everything everyone has said so far, but also - last year was my first summit, and I found the University day 100% just as valuable/educational as the entire rest of summit itself. If you have the budget/opportunity to sign up for University day, I would say to add it!
Wow, you guys are awesome! Thanks for all your tips. Does anyone know if there are any sessions or events specifically geared to first-time attendees? It could be fun to meet fellow first-timers, especially as the conference kicks off.