Timezone on input and output fields

Anonymous
Not applicable

Timezone on input and output fields

hi, when i update a date time field using syncMultipleLeads API there is a problem since there is a diff in timezone between my server and Marketo. Is there a way to handle this?
The same goes when sending in webhooks fields which are of type date times.

Thanks
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Timezone on input and output fields

You mean the time you see as a user and the time zone of the system?

Those are different. Did you account for that difference?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a date customed field. I sent a string value to update it using soap api syncMultiple.
The date then is updated to a different time since i guess it was translated using a different timezone.

The field i see is on the Marketo UI, so i guess this is what you mean by user?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date/Times should be sent using UTC Format as per the below examples.  If you send the date without the UTC Offset it will assume the timezone that is set in your specific Account.

Here are some equivalent ways to set to 7/3/2013 7:00:00 AM PST
2013-07-03T07:00:00-07:00  (Pacific)
2013-07-03T09:00:00-05:00  (Central)
2013-07-03T10:00:00-04:00  (Eastern)
2013-07-03T14:00:00-00:00  (GMT)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, i am not sure i understood exactly, what i see is that if i send this format
yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss-00:00
and update the time to GMT,
the date on Marketo will be set after the right conversion to the Local defined for the user, so I guess this is good.

Another thing i need is to send a date field from Marketo. it is sent in a string for example:
2013-07-17 05:48:24
But is there a way i know the timezone of this string so i can conver this to a date object on my side?
Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
Another thing - is when i import from a list (xls) data and there is a date field, the field is translated with (-2).
For example:
If the Local is defined 'America/Los_Angeles' in Marketo
and i have a field in the imported excell: update=
update
7/1/2013 16:06

It will be in the database translated to 7/1/2013 14:06
Any ideas? why is this not kept as 16:06?
thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date/Times are in fact stored in GMT in Marketo and displayed using the Local Time Zone configured in Admin.

When importing data into Marketo (i.e. List Import) be sure to use the proper GMT format as per above to ensure the time is captured correctly otherwise the system will assume Central Time when going into the database... and as you discovered will be 2 hours later than America/Los_Angeles.