SOLVED

time stamp latest activity in SFDC

Go to solution
Teresa_Hsu1
Level 4

time stamp latest activity in SFDC

Is there any way I can time stamp the most recent time/date when a lead responded to our campaign?

That field will be overridden to the most recent activity. 

So, say if the lead filled out our form on 10/15/2016, the time stamp should be 10/15/2016.  However, if the lead recently attended our event on 12/10/2016.  Then, the time stamp field needed to be updated to 12/10/2016.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: time stamp latest activity in SFDC

I would strongly urge you to be careful with any trigger based method because of the amount of evaluations that could be involved.

A few thoughts.

• Use SFDC Member - always stamps the time. Is it that hard for sales to look at this?
  • Why do you want to show Last Campaign Response Date?
  • Use Last Interesting Moment Desc or Time - already there!
  • Use MSI in SFDC - always displays this.
  • Only put the flowsteps Andy describes in your Success or Response flows, to avoid overloading the system with a central trigger.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Hi Teresa,

Yup, you'll need to create a Date (or Datetime) field called "Last Activity Date". Then, update all your flows related to lead activities to include a step with Change Data Value where field = Last Activity Date and value = {{system.date}} (or {{system.datetime}} if Last Activity Date is a datetime field). I recommend doing it at a trigger level so that you have more control over it and can troubleshoot the problem more easily, but a global trigger also works.

Hope that helps.

Devraj_Grewal

So create a new custom date field "Last Activity", or something similar. You can create a smart campaign and have multiple triggers for any of the actions you would like to include. The flow step in the smart campaign will be to change data value: Last Activity: {{system.date}}. This token will place the current date into that field when the flow runs.

Josh_Hill13

I would strongly urge you to be careful with any trigger based method because of the amount of evaluations that could be involved.

A few thoughts.

• Use SFDC Member - always stamps the time. Is it that hard for sales to look at this?
  • Why do you want to show Last Campaign Response Date?
  • Use Last Interesting Moment Desc or Time - already there!
  • Use MSI in SFDC - always displays this.
  • Only put the flowsteps Andy describes in your Success or Response flows, to avoid overloading the system with a central trigger.
Teresa_Hsu1
Level 4

So, this was actually to disposition any inactive leads.  We just want to keep or contact leads that have responded to our campaign in the last 90 days.  My thinking is to have this time stamp in SFDC so that our Sales Ops could clean the database based on that time stamp.

What will you suggest in this case?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Last Interesting Moment Date is already in SFDC.

The only question is whether you are using IMs for any purpose that would directly conflict with inactivity detection. For example, if one of your Interesting Moments could be "Been one year since last engagement" then obviously the timestamp of that IM cannot be used to determine activity (since it signals inactivity). Of course you should not use IMs in this way in the first place, but if you are, they are disqualified as activity detectors.

Teresa_Hsu1
Level 4

Yea.  We're using IM but not in all cases.  That's why I was thinking about a more general way to capture that data and if we can just set up one smart campaign to timestamp the most recent activity.  We're not using IM in any case that would conflict with inactivity.  So, I guess start using IM for all campaigns could be a solution. 

SanfordWhiteman

Up to you. You could stamp another field when an IM isn't fitting. Then you either have to combine the two when reporting ("if LastSomethingBesidesInterestingMomentDate in last 90 days or LastInterestingMomentDate in last 90 days") or make sure you always stamp the other field redundantly even when creating an IM.

SanfordWhiteman

Just to prop up Josh's great answer, your example mixes events and forrm fillouts and that's pretty much exactly how I'd define an Interesting Moment -- an event of any type that pops out of the chaff of an Activity Log. Unless you are already flagging IMs for events that aren't interesting in this same way.