SOLVED

Text Only Email footer

Go to solution
Colby_Dix
Level 5

Text Only Email footer

Let's say that i have a wonderful responsive template with a picture in the footer with the necessary textual information, but I need that text info to be visible in the text-only emails. can i create a footer for JUST the text only emails? and it need not actually be a footer i suppose, just a string of text that only appears in the text only version?

i'd like to template this if at all possible and not have to simply add it every time.
ooooh shiny.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Colby_Dix
Level 5

Re: Text Only Email footer

for now i've created a div at the bottom of the email with nice small text that is white on a white background. doesn't 'show' on html and of course shows up as simple text in the text only. so ithat's a reasonable workaround...
ooooh shiny.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

you could use snippets for this, placing the picture in the html side and the text in the other side.
You won't be able to template this w/o the text showing up in the html footer.
Colby_Dix
Level 5

for now i've created a div at the bottom of the email with nice small text that is white on a white background. doesn't 'show' on html and of course shows up as simple text in the text only. so ithat's a reasonable workaround...
ooooh shiny.
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I would avoid that approach as some email servers may see this as spam.  Why not just manually type the text within the plain text area?  Or is that what you're trying to avoid?  That's how we do it with our email banners/headers (since Marketo unfortunately doesn't take the ALT text and use it in the plain-text area).