Technical Details Of De-duplication

Anonymous
Not applicable

Technical Details Of De-duplication

Hey all,

I am creating a lead in SalesForce which is getting synced back to Marketo in addition to creating a lead in Marketo using the JS library. When the information is synced back from SF, the leads are not de duplicated however, this is mentioned in the documentation. I was wondering if the syncing needs to occur between SalesForce and Marketo first before adding the lead to Marketo for this feature to work... or is there another trick? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Technical Details Of De-duplication

...if the syncing needs to occur between SalesForce and Marketo first before adding the lead to Marketo for this feature to work.

In brief: yes.

The scenario you're describing is actually identical to one I talked our SFDC team out of last week (in the nick of time).

What are your precise technical reasons for creating the lead in SFDC? Why not create in Mkto and wait 5m for the sync?

And when you say, "the JS library" are you referring to a server-side Node library calling REST/SOAP, or using Munchkin or Forms APIs in the browser?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sanford!

My technical reason at the moment is due to morphing all my params from a complex form to SFDC. These param cleaners would have to be moved  over to Mkto for it to work properly. By JS lib, I mean the Munchkin JS stuff for the browser. Apparently the REST/SOAP API is not available at the tier we are at with Mkto.

Thanks again for the clarification.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The REST/SOAP APIs wouldn't be appropriate for real-time use anyway. They're for batch operations.

The problem with your situation as-is is the lead's web activities are going to remain anonymous, because you can't associate them with a Marketo lead before the fact. And 5m later there's no reason to expect they'll be on the site. How are you going to do the association?