SOLVED

Re: Sync problem between Marketo and Salesforces

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sync problem between Marketo and Salesforces

Hello

I have a sync problem between Marketo and Salesforces.

Actually, my forms are Marketos's forms

If someones fills one of my forms, and I've already the contact in my database, so Marketo updates my contact in salesforce and no creates a new one.

It's a problem for me, because my sellers are notifies when there is a lead creation no for a lead update, and the second problem is that by this way the acquisition source is not updated in salesforce (only the primary source stay)

Do you know if it's possible to force the creation lead in salesforce (and so bypass the update)?

Thanks you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Maxime,

You can force the creation of a lead using a "sync lead to sfdc" flow step and forcing the owner to be a lead queue.

But as Josh said, it is strongly not recommended to do so. You will create duplicates in you DB and then additional work to merge them, no talking about data loss when merging them (such as scoring that will not add up).

The recommended way is to create a task on the contact (Create Task flow step) and assign it to the account owner or the contact owner.

-Grégoire

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

I'd recommend using a hidden field to update the lead source or a flow step in a smart campaign (If filled out form, then lead source equals _____). I don't recommend having Marketo create a new lead each time someone fills out the form because you will essentially be ensuring duplicates within your system which will eventually become a giant mess.

In order to alert your reps, you can create a 'send alert' as part of a smart campaign flow step so they know that the lead filled out the particular form.

Does that make sense?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Kristen,

Thxs for your answer.

You don't recommand create a new lead each time someone fills out the form, but do you know if it's possible even so?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

No, this is generally not possible to create a duplicate like this. Please do not try.

You want to do what Kristen suggests:

Fills Out Form IS X on Page Y

Send Alert: Form Alert X to Lead Owner

Last Lead Source = X

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kristen's recommendations are spot on and with the hidden fields it's not uncommon to have lead source as a write-once field, so you could have an additional field like "Lead Source Most Recent" to trigger off. This is especially useful when you have current leads taking a new action.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Maxime,

You can force the creation of a lead using a "sync lead to sfdc" flow step and forcing the owner to be a lead queue.

But as Josh said, it is strongly not recommended to do so. You will create duplicates in you DB and then additional work to merge them, no talking about data loss when merging them (such as scoring that will not add up).

The recommended way is to create a task on the contact (Create Task flow step) and assign it to the account owner or the contact owner.

-Grégoire