Sync Errors

NikWest
Level 1

Sync Errors

Wondering if anyone can shed a little more light please on a sync error we are receiving.  We are currently implementing Marketo and although I have administered the platform at previous companies, I've not seen this error which doesn't seem to be very clear so hoping someone can help:

Error Type is Job_Level and Error Details soqlBatchQuery failed - INVALID_FIELD: ActivityDateTime, CreatedDate, Description, Id, IsAllDayEvent,  ^ERROR at Row:1:Column:53 No such column 'Description' on entity 'Event'.  If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names."

We don't have a 'Job_Level' field on the Event object and, not sure why is says the fields are invalid

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Sync Errors

Check out this marketo nation knowledgebase article that discusses this exact same error. It might be due to missing permissions on the sync user's profile to access the "Description" field. Could you confirm if the Marketo sync user has got apt access rights for the Description field? Check out this SFDC help article as well that discusses this error.

NikWest
Level 1

Thanks Darshill, unfortunately I had already checked the FLS on the Marketo profile and it has Read and Edit access on the Description field and the All Day Event field, i refreshed the schema and started the sync again but the Event object still keeps failing. 

Darshil_Shah1

Are you able to r/w the Description and All Day Event fields when you log into SFDC using the sync user's credentials?

NikWest
Level 1

Hi Darshill. yes that is the strange thing, if logged in as the Marketo user in SFDC I can create or edit an Event record including the Description and All Day Event fields.

Darshil_Shah1

Technically, that error should go away when the Marketo user is able to see those fields in SFDC and is done pulling data from the "IsAllDayEvent" standard activity field in SFDC after adjusting the permission sets. If this error persists for a while, you could raise a support ticket.

jace_brendle
Level 3

We'd probably need to see the full query you're sending, but from what I can tell in the error, it's not failing because of a "Job_Level" field, but the field it's missing is "description"

Do you have a "Description" field on the event object, and if so, can you confirm that the API field name is accurate?

NikWest
Level 1

Thanks Brace, yes the profile has read and edit on the Descripton field and it is a standard field not a custom so the API name is correct.  I refreshed the schema and restarted the sync but stillt he Event object is failing. Any other ideas, maybe I am missing something

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

“Job Level” refers to the process within Marketo that encountered the error, it’s not a field name.

NikWest
Level 1

Thanks Sandford