Re: Switch to 2.0 - sandbox transfer?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Switch to 2.0 - sandbox transfer?

I have been testing and preparing to switch to email editor 2.0 in our sandbox environment, including creating several best practice email templates to be used when we switch.

Other than copying the HTML email by email, and essentially recreating all of these templates (and adding the images to the image library), is there an easy way to transfer these templates across once we've turned on 2.0 in our production environment? I'd like minimal down time and don't want people to revert to version 1.0 templates.

6 REPLIES 6
Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

You can create a program in Marketing Activities and create an email asset using each of the templates.  Then import that program into your production environment to pull over the templates.  Import a Program - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

If you haven't already connected your production and sandbox environments together for program import than you can request customer support to do so.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - I think this makes sense. So I can't directly import them from the design studio in sandbox to design studio in production? I'd add them to a program, then create templates from them that way?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The process above will create the Template for you.

From my experience, it may be simpler to just copy the code over directly.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Agree with Josh here.  The other issue we experienced when importing programs from sandbox to production (and vice-versa) is that none of the images came over - you have to do that yourself (and of course, change all references within your email template to reference your production instance).

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Carly,

+1 on Josh, copying the code and editing it to change the reference / links of images during the copy/paste is the simplest way.

Better upload your images to the production before transfering the template.

If the CNames on your sandbox are set in the same domain as your prod, transferring the image is not an absolute necessity, but I would still rather do it, though, in case you would want to stop using the sandbox in the future.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all!