Re: sunset policy automation: click activity between days ago

Khyra
Level 2

sunset policy automation: click activity between days ago

hi! im in early stages strat planning for an automated sunset policy email series, where unengaged person records/email subscribers will be removed from my email blasts. I'm trying to identify those that clicked any link in an email 0-90 days ago, 91-180 days ago,  181-365 days ago, etc with the 'clicked link in email' field but there does not seem to be a filter to target between days ago; it seems I can only target between dates. How would you go about identifying click activity between days ago?Screenshot 2024-07-08 at 3.04.45 PM.png

3 REPLIES 3
Katie_Golding1
Level 2

Hi Khyra, 

It may be helpful to leverage an inactivity filter here. For example: 

Logic: ALL

1. Was sent email, Email is any, Date of Activity in past 180 days
  2. Clicked link in email, Email is any, Date of Activity in past 180 days
  3. Not clicked link in email, Email is any, Date of Activity in past 91 days

You could also add another inactivity filter for "Not was sent email in the past 90 days" if that is necessary for your program. 

Hope this helps,
Katie

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

1. Was sent email, Email is any, Date of Activity in past 180 days

Except Send Email activities expire after 90 days.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The problem with this effort is you didn’t prepare your system for it in advance.

You shouldn’t purge people who didn’t have a chance to click an email because you didn’t send them any in a time period. When people are incorrectly excluded from sends, you don’t punish them for lack of engagement.

But since you didn’t stamp the last time someone was sent an email — we recommend a Date field like Last Email Sent Week Ending updated using a weekly batch — you won’t know what happened before 90 days ago.

If you still wish to remove people based only on clicks, you can use the combo of activity + inactivity as suggested. As soon as possible, you should start stamping Last <Activity Type> Week Ending fields.