Re: Subscription on Smart list for filled out form in last 24 hours

Robin_Wu
Level 1

Subscription on Smart list for filled out form in last 24 hours

I'm trying to setup a daily subscription for people who submit a specific form in only the last 24 hours (ie. not a cumulative report).

2020_11_03_08_19_02_Marketo_WB_2020_GL_DF_INSIGHTS_Executive_Leadership_Series_2860.01_Filled_out_.png

Given the daily subscription cadence is in the morning (around 4am I believe), to ensure I am never leaving anyone out, is it best to use "in past 24 hours" or "in past 1 day"? 

3 REPLIES 3
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Let me make a bold statement here: "in past 24 hours" and "in past 1 day" is exactly the same.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Yep, that's the way I see it too. For any time reference Marketo will look back / forward from the moment you run the query, so 1 day and 24 hours would give you the exact same result.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Days usually have 24 hours, but not on Daylight Saving changes! There's one 23-hour day and one 25-hour day in any timezone observing DST.

So it really depends on what exactly you want to happen in these exceptional cases. Unfortunately I think Marketo blends the 2 cases together, turning 1 day back into 24 hours.