Re: Stopping a Deletion Smart Campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stopping a Deletion Smart Campaign

I have set up a smart campaign to remove leads from Marketo if they are first deleted in Salesforce.  Since we put all our data in (and out) of Salesforce first, this makes sense for us.  However, there are now some staff names that just got deleted in Salesforce, and the Marketo campaign has caught up with it.

My question is -- how can I manually remove those 10 names from being deleted in Marketo?  Otherwise, I have to go through the process all over again.  Can I delete it from the Results page, or does that just delete the record of it and it will get deleted anyway?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a filter on the Smart List tab of the campaign to keep those 10 people out?

I would add one based on email address. Email Address =/= (list the 10 emails)
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do now!  Ha.  I assume, though, that because I added this filter after the deletion already happened, it won't affect the leads currently set for deletion.

I put in a wait step of 96 hours so I could always review what's up for deletion, so I have a couple of days to find a solution.  Is there any other way?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, pull those 10 people up in a Smart List and run a "Remove from flow" on all of them.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I very much avoid any sort of automated deletion campaign because of the potential to screw it up and then need to use Remove from Flow or worse. There are occasionally good uses, but it's very dangerous.

It is good you put a wait step, but I would also add:

Wait X days
Send Alert to X - leads will be deleted
Wait 1 day
Delete in Marketo

risk is that you'll get a ton of alerts some days.