SOLVED

Stop Some Records to Sync from Marketo To Salesforce

Go to solution
WasilTouseef
Level 1

Stop Some Records to Sync from Marketo To Salesforce

Hi All,

This is about already in Place integration between Marketo and Salesforce Sync. We have requirement where we want to stop some records (Please note some records) from Marketo to sync to Salesforce. Please suggest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: Stop Some Records to Sync from Marketo To Salesforce

You will have to install a Custom Sync Filter in Salesforce.

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/knowledgebase/restrict-records-syncing-to-marketo-from-salesforce-usin...

But if you're asking: How can I prevent specific records to not be inserted into Salesforce, the answer would be: You need to get control over your "Sync to SFDC" flow step. Marketo does not insert records into Salesforce automatically. Instead it's a very deliberate action by Marketo Operations.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Michael_Florin
Level 10

You will have to install a Custom Sync Filter in Salesforce.

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/knowledgebase/restrict-records-syncing-to-marketo-from-salesforce-usin...

But if you're asking: How can I prevent specific records to not be inserted into Salesforce, the answer would be: You need to get control over your "Sync to SFDC" flow step. Marketo does not insert records into Salesforce automatically. Instead it's a very deliberate action by Marketo Operations.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

@WasilTouseef, as Michael said, you'd need a custom sync filter to control the people who sync with Salesforce. Once implemented, you can turn on the sync for an already-in-sync record from Marketo by setting the field to false, sync it with Salesforce through a flow step, or wait for the field update to be pushed to Salesforce in the next sync cycle. However, you'd need to set the field to True from Salesforce only to re-enable the sync, i.e., you can't enable the sync from Marketo, only from Salesforce. Also, one gotcha is that once the sync is disabled, the account info (for a contact record) will continue to sync despite the sync being disabled.

You should consider reading the below article:

1. "Sync with Marketo" mysteries part 1
  2. "Sync with Marketo" mysteries part 2

I hope this is helpful. Please let us know if you have questions.