SOLVED

Re: Statuses within Default Programs and Relationship with Engagement Program

Go to solution
Shane_Rourke2
Level 4

Statuses within Default Programs and Relationship with Engagement Program

Hello, 

I am using default programs within an engagement program that consists of three streams. I have 3-5 default programs within each stream. 

Do the default program statuses have any impact on one another?

If a lead is given a "Clicked" status within one default program, will they not be eligible to be given a lesser status (e.g. "Send") in any other default program in that Engagement Program regardless of stream OR does that only apply when you are using email assets? 

Shane Rourke
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@Shane_Rourke2 wrote:

Hello, 

I am using default programs within an engagement program that consists of three streams. I have 3-5 default programs within each stream. 

No, I don't think so! Never faced this (i.e., not being able to add a person in a nested default program to a lower status than another nested default program's status).

By the definition of channels and how they work, you're not able to move a person in the backward direction within a same program, i.e., can't move a member from a higher to a lower value channel progression step. This rule runs at the program level, so technically if a person has a higher channel status in one program, you should still be allowed to add them as members of another program with lower channel status than your other first program. I hope this answers your question. Let us know if you have further questions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@Shane_Rourke2 wrote:

Hello, 

No, I don't think so! Never faced this (i.e., not being able to add a person in a nested default program to a lower status than another nested default program's status).

By the definition of channels and how they work, you're not able to move a person in the backward direction within a same program, i.e., can't move a member from a higher to a lower value channel progression step. This rule runs at the program level, so technically if a person has a higher channel status in one program, you should still be allowed to add them as members of another program with lower channel status than your other first program. I hope this answers your question. Let us know if you have further questions.

Shane_Rourke2
Level 4

Thanks, @Darshil_Shah1 that's what I thought but wanted to add the topic for the Community in case it comes up again!

Shane Rourke