SOLVED

Re: Static from/reply-to sender address

Go to solution
Khyra
Level 2

Static from/reply-to sender address

I'm trying to put my Marketo from/reply-to sender address on a type of allow-list so that when emails deployed from Marketo to Outlook recipients do not have a BULK/MARKETING disclaimer. I was advised that in order to do so, the Marketo from/reply-to has to be static.

I've removed all token elements from my Marketo from/reply-to sender address in question, and it is still not static.... anyone have any idea what other change I can look into to make it static? I'd also like to mention that I'm on a shared IP in case that plays into anything.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

As long as your email content is apt, SPF/DKIM, branding domain, etc. is set up and verified properly, you're sending out emails with your branded domains, and following other deliverability best practices, you should ideally be able to reach recipients' primary inbox and avoid any disclaimers as well (as Sandy says, using static email addresses might not be relevant today).

Also, are you seeing emails referencing token values even after replacing them with static values for the email from/reply-to email addresses? It may sound a little silly, but I hope you would have approved the email post updates.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I'm trying to put my Marketo from/reply-to sender address on a type of allow-list so that when emails deployed from Marketo to Outlook recipients do not have a BULK/MARKETING disclaimer. I was advised that in order to do so, the Marketo from/reply-to has to be static.

Sounds like some old-school FUD.

Outlook (and Microsoft-hosted Exchange/O365) do not add you to an allow list based only on sending from an (easily forged) From: header address.

Darshil_Shah1

As long as your email content is apt, SPF/DKIM, branding domain, etc. is set up and verified properly, you're sending out emails with your branded domains, and following other deliverability best practices, you should ideally be able to reach recipients' primary inbox and avoid any disclaimers as well (as Sandy says, using static email addresses might not be relevant today).

Also, are you seeing emails referencing token values even after replacing them with static values for the email from/reply-to email addresses? It may sound a little silly, but I hope you would have approved the email post updates.

Khyra
Level 2

Hi there,

Thanks for your input.

My Marketo instance is being used to to send internal employee communications and the idea is that we are trying to remove those inbox labels for that specific use case. 

And yes, the latest updates to the email have been approved and there are no token elements in my email from/reply-to email address fields.

Darshil_Shah1

That's great! So now you must be seeing static email addresses in the from/reply-to fields. 🙂

Khyra
Level 2

Not quite! I inputed the static info in the from/reply-to fields, did an email send and my IT team confirmed with me that the from/reply-to fields are still dynamic! Is there something I'm missing? Might it be related to the fact that my Marketo instance is on a shared IP?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I can’t imagine what they think they’re referring to by “dynamic” but I suspect they’re not talking about your From: or Reply-To: headers at all. Sounds like they don’t understand the diff between the SMTP envelope and message headers.