SOLVED

Starter Template Background Image Issue

Go to solution
Heather_DeGrave
Level 2

Starter Template Background Image Issue

Hi everyone,

I am beginning to create new email templates from the starter templates Marketo provides. I started with Limon, Skeleton and Snow Bunny. After I edited them to change colors/logo/overall branding, I sent tests to several of my accounts for rendering. They all render fine in Outlook and on the desktop email site. Limon and Snow Bunny incorporate background images with copy and buttons on top of them. These are not rendering on my phone (Android using Gmail app). They do show on my coworkers phone (Apple using mail app).

Has anyone else come across this issue? Is there a fix for the background images to appear across all platforms?

Thanks

Heather

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

Re: Starter Template Background Image Issue

The short answer to this is no, you can't use background images across all platforms. Just like the utilization of GIFs, different email clients will allow for different capabilities along with the potential for requiring different means to implement.

The Ultimate Guide to Background Images in Email – Litmus Software, Inc.

You can see the following table below for the support for background images in desktop and mobile email clients. In the link above, you can also see the support for webmail applications.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

The short answer to this is no, you can't use background images across all platforms. Just like the utilization of GIFs, different email clients will allow for different capabilities along with the potential for requiring different means to implement.

The Ultimate Guide to Background Images in Email – Litmus Software, Inc.

You can see the following table below for the support for background images in desktop and mobile email clients. In the link above, you can also see the support for webmail applications.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Heather_DeGrave
Level 2

Thank you Bryan! This is very helpful!