SOLVED

Re: Start Smart List "Person is deleted"

Go to solution
WolframLotz
Level 4

Start Smart List "Person is deleted"

Hello, 

I like to start a process in case a user is in deletion process. Especially it's about starting one or more webhocks to make sure that the personal data will be deleted as well in another system. 

Do you have an idea how to accomplish this? 

Unfortunatley I did not see any trigger like "Person is deleted" (like for the creation). I'm aware that it is possible to create a smart list which contains all activities and will end with the "Delete Person" flow step. But in this case it is possible to delete a person and to forget about the other system.  

Kind regards
Wolfram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Understand the concern that since anyone can delete leads without using a special "Delete Lead" campaign, you can't catch all deletions.

For better coverage, write a sync app that fetches the Get Deleted Leads endpoint daily. Bear in mind you also need to continuously fetch new leads to store their Lead ID → Email Address mapping. This is 'cause Get Deleted Leads returns only Lead IDs, which I assume are not known to your external system. (And, as unlikely this may be in practice, if you create a Lead and then delete it before your sync app knows its Email Address, you won't be able to sync the deletion.)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Well, Marketo removes all the data associated with the person from the DB which is why you're not able to trigger on the person deletion/use any of the deleted person's data anywhere (it does retain data for the durable unsubscribes, but it's in a different DB and isn't available for use anywhere in the Marketo). IMO, if you have a central or a set of defined campaigns that can delete a person from the DB, then before the Delete Person flow step, you could make webhook call(s) to the third-party services with the lead info that'd delete the person from their database.

Edit - This doesn't cover the one-off/other deletions outside of the campaigns where you've made sure to call the external service to delete the lead from its database.

udaysharma_RP
Level 1

Marketo does not have such a trigger as "Person is deleted". In order to define who you wish to delete, you can create a campaign, and as Darshil mentioned, use the "Delete Person" flow step as the last step, before calling/using all of the webhooks and steps necessary to delete that individual (for example, remove from CRM, remove from a static list).

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Understand the concern that since anyone can delete leads without using a special "Delete Lead" campaign, you can't catch all deletions.

For better coverage, write a sync app that fetches the Get Deleted Leads endpoint daily. Bear in mind you also need to continuously fetch new leads to store their Lead ID → Email Address mapping. This is 'cause Get Deleted Leads returns only Lead IDs, which I assume are not known to your external system. (And, as unlikely this may be in practice, if you create a Lead and then delete it before your sync app knows its Email Address, you won't be able to sync the deletion.)

WolframLotz
Level 4

Ah great. Indeed, this is a possibility. 

Thank you!.