SOLVED

Re: Spam filters registering clicks?

Go to solution
Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

Well, posted too soon. I found "Visited Web Page".

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Remember, if you're going to use this method, all of your links have to be expected to leave Visited Web Page tracks.  Direct PDF links, for example, do not.

Venus_Wills
Level 4

Hi Amanda, sorry I just saw this. It sounds like you found the solution. I have mine set up as below:

Trigger: Visited Web Page contains "abc.com"

Clicked link contains "abc.com" in last 5 minutes

I've done a few spot checks, and the flow appears to be working properly.

Venus_Wills
Level 4

I've found a flaw in my Smart List. It's not capturing all leads who clicked and then visited a web page. I've spot checked several leads (half that triggered correctly and half that didn't) and cannot find any difference between the two sets...

I think I will have to rely solely on the Visited Web Page trigger and another filter like Member of a Program or Was Delivered Email.

It's frustrating that the Click Link in Email activity is getting very unreliable as an indicator of intent.

Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

Hi Venus,

I set my smart list up in the opposite manner and it so far has seemed to catch everyone I've spot checked:

Trigger: Clicks link in email is "abc.com"

Visited webpage is "abc.com" in timeframe Today

Venus_Wills
Level 4

Thanks, Conor. I can't believe I didn't think to try that!

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Since clicking on "Today" in the calendar that pops up will insert today's date, will this date dynamically adjust each day.  And what about time zones.  Let's say someone in China clicks on a link in an email that's received a day prior (in our Marketo local time zone), will this adjust for the lead's time zone?

Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

Hi Dan,

The timeframe option is dynamic - you don't actually have a calendar pop-up and choose a specific date. Instead, it's actually the word, "Today", and acts like a token to pull in today's date. You bring up a very good point about timezones, but it is based off of the time the activity was logged in your instance of Marketo.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

That's what I thought, Conor.  But when I entered "Today" in the field, Marketo indicated it was invalid with a red squiggly:

pastedImage_0.png

Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

Hi Dan,

Change "is" to "in time frame" and you will have the option to select today.