Re: Social Share Options in Emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Social Share Options in Emails

I know Marketo has the ability to add social sharing buttons to landing pages but is it also possible to do the same with an email?

For example, I have an image in an email that I want to give recipients the option to post on their FB wall or Twitter feed. Has anyone done this before?  Is it possible?

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is a link to a Help Article with information on Social Sharing for Landing Pages and Emails:

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000Kypf
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I've actually already read that article and it's not exactly what I'm looking for.

That artilce tells you how to share a landing page link inside an email.

I'm wanting to share the actual email content. Is that possible?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried the Forward to a Friend link?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Elliott! That's a great feature I may look into using in the future but I'm really wanting to allow my readers to post an image in my emails directly to their social sites like Facebook and Twitter.

I know how to allow readers to share a link to a landing page but is it possible to allow them to share an image that is housed in an email instead of linking to a landing page?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebecca, this help article might be helpful Creating Social Emails or Social Landing Pages

You may also want to vote for the
Social Media button for emails and elseware Idea.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I'm finding that the forwarding to a friend link is easier too.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Elliott, your creating social emails link is broken.  if you know the url can you post again.

thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Carrie, I guess when Marketo created the Social Marketing deep dive page, they deleted / revised some of the previous help articles and that's why the links aren't working any longer.  However, you should be able to find what you need on that new deep dive page.
Anonymous
Not applicable

So can I add social share buttons to an email or not? Super simple to do with Vertical Response