Re: Social Share Buttons in Emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Social Share Buttons in Emails

Hi guys,

I am looking for a way to integrate three Social Share Buttons in my email.

The goal of these buttons is to share an URL-Link on the recipients social accounts, preferably with some pre-written text.

I want to create this for Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter.

So far I have figured out that there is no "pure URL" way to do it that works on mobile and desktops.

So I would need to use some scripting. Does anybody have previous experience with this?

Best,

Rick

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Rick,

I've been in contact with Ted Merendino in your Palo Alto office.  We have experience with your issue, please send me an email so we can set up some time to chat about it. 

Brent@leadmd.com

Liliana_Cheng1
Level 4

Hey Rick Hooghiemstra​, did you find a solution for this? We're looking to do something similar, but having a lot of trouble.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Liliana,

Sadly we didn't. We are still investigating a solution.
However it is not one of our priorities at the moment.

Best,

Rick

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Hi Rick Hooghiemstra​ /​ Liliana Cheng​ / anyone else... this is quite possible using an enhancement to Web Page view. If you follow my blog I'm going to get to it soon.  (There's a (free) service called ShareMaker that does it, too, but I've since discovered that it can be done without bouncing off an outside service.)

Julz_James
Level 10

Hi,

I use Add This to add social share buttons into my email templates, this works really well and you can customize the text for each option.  I've found this particularly useful for newsletters etc.

AddThis - Get more likes, shares and follows with smart website tools

Hope this helps

Juli

SanfordWhiteman

But if you share the email web view, all clicks are tracked as the original recipient. Surely not what you want.

Julz_James
Level 10

I don't track social clicks, so thats not an issue for us.  And the tool only links to the persons social accounts when clicked (according to all the testing I did when I used it).

SanfordWhiteman

You must be looking at a different goal. If you socialize an email, that means sharing the webview. And if you share the default webview, clicks are tracked to the original lead (as are Munchkin sessions). AddThis can't do anything to change this behavior.

Julz_James
Level 10

Ah thats where there is confusion. I don't share entire emails, I share specific things within the email.  I've never used the ability to share an entire email.

I think the OP is looking to share within the emails not the entire email - like I have done previously.