SOLVED

Snippets Condition SHOW/HIDE

Go to solution
MarieEveReid
Level 1

Snippets Condition SHOW/HIDE

Hello Everyone! today i need to do this, and I hope you than help me think it clearly. 

I have a long database... what I wanna do is that if the user in my database, has a special field completed with data. I show one snippet. But if that special field is empty, to show another snippet. Is it possible? 
Another thing is that every snippet has dynamic info from the same database. 

Can I do this with marketo? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christiane_Rode
Level 7 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Snippets Condition SHOW/HIDEI

If you have a segmentation that uses this field as a qualifier, this can definitely be done. 

Here's a blog on how to create a dynamic snippet

And, just for reference, as I think the links in the blog are a bit old, here's some information on understanding dynamic content as well as creating a snippet and creating a segmentation

Do note that you are limited in the number of segmentations allowed in your instance. So the above solution may not work if you don't want to burn a segment on this one field.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Christiane_Rode
Level 7 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Snippets Condition SHOW/HIDEI

If you have a segmentation that uses this field as a qualifier, this can definitely be done. 

Here's a blog on how to create a dynamic snippet

And, just for reference, as I think the links in the blog are a bit old, here's some information on understanding dynamic content as well as creating a snippet and creating a segmentation

Do note that you are limited in the number of segmentations allowed in your instance. So the above solution may not work if you don't want to burn a segment on this one field.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Snippets Condition SHOW/HIDE

Well, you could use snippets and segmentation to serve the dynamic content to people. Based on your use case, it appears that you'd need one segment for people with non-empty field values, with the default segment catching people with empty field values. Using this segmentation, you can set up the dynamic snippet; essentially what content you'd like to show based on people's segment membership.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Yes, you can! Snippets are being made dynamic by Segmentations.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/personalization/segmentation-and-...

And you can create Segmentations based on specific field values.

(EDIT: Race condition. 🙂 Didn't see the other answers before submitting my post - sorry.)

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@MarieEveReid ,

A few people have suggested using segmentation to control what happens in your snippet.  This is great, simple, and utterly valid approach.

If however you don't want to use a segment, and the information you want to show is in an email (as opposed to a landing page), you might want to consider using velocity script to control the output.

Regards

Jo