Re: SMS campaigns

Olya_Zenchenko
Level 2

SMS campaigns

Hi Marketo community,

We're looking at starting sms campaigns to support our events and I'm just wondering if you guys are doing it?

Whats is the current thinking about SMS among you guys? What are the leading solutions? Has anyone tried 2 ways SMS integration with HOOSH?

I know too many questions here and I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

Olya

10 REPLIES 10
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I feel the starting point should be a Nation search, as we've discussed many, many providers and requirements over the years. The "leading" solution will always be constrained by your leads' geographic area(s).

Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Olya - can you let people know where you are located? There's no way to suggest an SMS solution without that information. The info people would give you in the US is entirely different to what I would give you in Australia due to the nature of carriers/providers.

I have used the Hoosh solution, it's a bit fiddly but mostly solid, but it works off specific use cases and doesn't cover all scenarios. Again, it'd be better if you gave a bit more information on what you're trying to do.

Olya_Zenchenko
Level 2

Hi Veronica,

Thanks for this - I'm located in Sydney Australia.

We run a lot of B2B events and want to start sending sms invites/reminders to drive attendance to our events.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

SanfordWhiteman

A client of mine in AU has had fine results from Modica. We're still waiting on the 2-way part but for 1-way, no complaints.

Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hey Olya - OK cool you're in my patch

For just 1-way event reminders I've had lots of good experience with ClickSend - they have nice pricing models, easy set up, and I've built a step by step guide to their service that turns set up into a ten-minute exercise that I'm happy to share if you need it.

Modica worked well, for similar reasons.

SMS burst again, not bad but i bit pricier.

Since you're doing event reminders all these will work well.

If you'd like to graduate to 2-way SMS 9allow responses and actions based on them) both Hoosh and Resolution Marketing Services in Australia have good consulting/services around this but it takes a fair bit more effort and cost to operate.

Olya_Zenchenko
Level 2

Thank you Veronica!

Olya_Zenchenko
Level 2

Hi all, does anyone know if we can send SMS messages to those who currently opt in to our receive our marketing comms (emails, newsletters etc). Do we need to obtain a different opt in to send sms messages?

Thank you!

SanfordWhiteman

Hi all, does anyone know if we can send SMS messages to those who currently opt in to our receive our marketing comms (emails, newsletters etc). Do we need to obtain a different opt in to send sms messages?

Generally, you need separate opt-in. Remember that the recipient may be charged per-message and costing your leads $ is a major no-no (both ethically and legally).

But you must get guidance from your legal counsel on this, rather than the Community.

Olya_Zenchenko
Level 2

Good point - thank you so much Sanford!