Re: Smart Campaign Alerts

Micaela_Wright
Level 3

Smart Campaign Alerts

I'd like to know if there's a way to set up alerts on smart campaigns if traffic drops below a certain level. We have pretty steady traffic to our smart campaigns and if something dips, I'd like to know to see if something is broken.

5 REPLIES 5
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Micaela,

Are you referring to the amount of times a smart campaign is triggered?

You can do something like this if you create a custom scoring field. Each time a smart campaign fires, the count goes up.

You can then have recurring campaigns that reset the score every month, and listening campaigns at certain checkpoints during the month that will alert you if the score hasn't reached a certain number.

I could map it out in more detail if this is what you are talking about.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yeah, but the score is going to be at the lead level.

So if leads aren't entering the SC, you have a Dead Man's Switch problem (= detecting the absence of activity).

On the other hand, using a Resource Lead can help. (A dummy lead that represents another asset in aggregate.)  You can use a webhook to update a score on the Resource from the related SC. Then run a batch to see the daily score on the Resource.

Micaela_Wright
Level 3

Hi Darrell,

Yes - the amount of times a smart campaign is triggered is exactly what I'm looking for. We know rough estimates of the number of times each should trigger a week and I'd like to set up alerts so I don't have to be checking them all the time if that makes sense.

Any additional detail on how you would implement this would be greatly appreciated!

Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sanford Whiteman​ is right, my suggestion actually won't work. His resource lead is a great idea, and Rachel Noble​ has a good point about the subscribing to a campaign report.

Btw Micaela Wright​ what is this smart campaign tracking? If it makes sense and you are using salesforce, there is a really handy feature when you run reports and it alerts you when number of records hits or goes below a certain threshold, which I use all the time for other purposes.  But if your smart campaign isn't passing info to salesforce then that won't work for you.

Rachel_Noble
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

You could also create & subscribe to a Campaign Activity Report. This won't alert you to unusual behavior, but it's fast to implement and only requires a quick glance when the report hits your inbox.