SOLVED

Re: Slow Loading Marketo Embed Form

Go to solution
Steve_Schimmel
Level 3

Slow Loading Marketo Embed Form

Hi -- I know there are some old threads on this, but creating a new post to see if anyone has any ideas/suggestions.

We have recently rolled Marketo embedded forms onto our website. The forms load very slowly on the website (and sometimes not at all). When I clear my cache, the forms load faster, but by the next day, the issue pops up again.

The forms load fine on Marketo landing pages so I don't think there is an issue with the form itself, but rather the API. Any suggestions on ways to troubleshoot the problem?

I tried inspecting the page in Chrome and opened the network tab (as suggested in another post), but I am not sure what to look for or what could represent the cause. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This code might as well be saying “please take as long to show my form as possible” 🙂

window.onload = function() {
  MktoForms2.loadForm("//eu.info.pro.sony", "375-LTS-308", 2920);
};

This isn’t the standard embed method — why are you waiting for the load event?

The form should be injected when the DOM is ready (not onload) like the standard embed does.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dave_Roberts
Level 10

Hey Steve, would you be able to share a link to one of the pages on your website where you're experiencing this issue? 

Steve_Schimmel
Level 3

Thanks for troubleshooting! Here is a link to a page with an embed for that is not loading for me:

https://pro.sony/ue_US/retail/retail-brochure

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This code might as well be saying “please take as long to show my form as possible” 🙂

window.onload = function() {
  MktoForms2.loadForm("//eu.info.pro.sony", "375-LTS-308", 2920);
};

This isn’t the standard embed method — why are you waiting for the load event?

The form should be injected when the DOM is ready (not onload) like the standard embed does.

Steve_Schimmel
Level 3

Thank you Sandford! I have sent this suggestion to the web developer. I appreciate your feedback as always!

leannemoynihan
Level 1

Marketo in general is moving at a snail's pace for us today - experiencing issues across two logins, on different networks etc so it's not an issue our end