SOLVED

Offline usable form

Go to solution
Joshenser
Level 2

Offline usable form

Is it possible to have a form on a landing page, which is usable, and not live?

I have built a form which triggers an email. But I don't want this form visible to anyone else outside of Marketo.

I know you can noindex/nofollow the landing page URL but is it possible to have the webpage offline, but the form usable?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Offline usable form

If the webpage is offline, how'd you serve the form and process submissions from people? When you approve a landing page, Marketo makes it live and accessible via the public internet, and given that people have the URL to it, or they are able to get it from the search engines, they could access your LP (I don't think you could make an approved LP live for a closed group of people, or for people on your intranet). However, if you want to have your team test this before approving the LP, you could use the Preview URL functionality (snapshot below). You don't need to make your LP live (aka approve it) for generating the preview URL.

Darshil_Shah1_0-1678962647704.png

Until the LP isn't approved (or doesn't have any approved drafts), the LP URL would re-direct to your fallback address defined in the Admin > Landing Page.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

If the webpage is offline, how'd you serve the form and process submissions from people? When you approve a landing page, Marketo makes it live and accessible via the public internet, and given that people have the URL to it, or they are able to get it from the search engines, they could access your LP (I don't think you could make an approved LP live for a closed group of people, or for people on your intranet). However, if you want to have your team test this before approving the LP, you could use the Preview URL functionality (snapshot below). You don't need to make your LP live (aka approve it) for generating the preview URL.

Darshil_Shah1_0-1678962647704.png

Until the LP isn't approved (or doesn't have any approved drafts), the LP URL would re-direct to your fallback address defined in the Admin > Landing Page.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

To Darshil’s point, “offline” is a strange term here.

The page as a whole cannot be completely offline, because that (in common parlance) means no internet connection.

You could have a basic HTML page that you send people that includes the Marketo form embed.  The page will be opened in a browser but isn’t served by a webserver, so no one else can see it; the form on the page will submit (this takes some JS trickery). But honestly, this seems hard to manage. A page with an impossible-to-guess URL would be better. Or host a page somewhere with password protection and put the form embed on it.