SOLVED

Re: Single confirmation page for multiple form fills

Go to solution
jenlively
Level 3

Single confirmation page for multiple form fills

Hello,

Currently we have a 1-1 ratio of landing pages with a form fill to confirmation pages. I feel that it is more advantageous to have a single page that then dynamically displays the name of the asset and the download button for that asset.

1. What sort of reporting issues will this cause? Currently I can look at each individual confirmation page and make the assumption that the number of unique times this page was viewed is fairly equal to the number of form fills. What can I use in GA to see this data by asset?

2. Any other minuses with this plan?

3. Implementation question...what do I need to be sure I pass to Marketo in this?

Thank you so much for your help with this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Not like that because that would mean a different page, defeating the purpose.

I mean

/thank-you?asset=marketo-webinar

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
SanfordWhiteman

1. What sort of reporting issues will this cause? Currently I can look at each individual confirmation page and make the assumption that the number of unique times this page was viewed is fairly equal to the number of form fills. What can I use in GA to see this data by asset?

You can add the asset name to the URL of the Thank You page. The asset name thus either (a) needs to be a hidden field on the form or (b) be somewhere else on the page (meta tag, JS block, whatever). Then add it to the Thank You URL in an onSuccess function.

Then the TY URLs are distinguished by query string.

2. Any other minuses with this plan?

No, it’s a good plan! Having as few pages to maintain as possible is A Good Thing. Way more scalable.

3. Implementation question...what do I need to be sure I pass to Marketo in this?

See above — you just need to make sure the asset name (or whatever identifier makes sense to you) is on the form page.

jenlively
Level 3

Hi @SanfordWhiteman 

So if I have this correct I would have one thank you/confirmation page for example:

/thank-you

Then I have an asset called: Marketo Webinar and it's URL is /marketo-webinar

Someone visits /marketo-webinar and fills out the form the page visited would then be /thank-you-marketo-webinar - correct?

In GA I would then query for analytics on all pages /thank-you and all of my confirmation pages would appear - correct?

THANK YOU 🙂

SanfordWhiteman

Not like that because that would mean a different page, defeating the purpose.

I mean

/thank-you?asset=marketo-webinar
jenlively
Level 3

Thank you @SanfordWhiteman 

jenlively
Level 3

@SanfordWhiteman what changes to our forms do I need to make in marketo to handle this? Currently we put in the fully propagated URL into each form

SanfordWhiteman

Something like this.

jenlively
Level 3

Thank you @SanfordWhiteman I wanted to confirm which follow up link type I should be using for this integration:

Would it be external URL  https://livelyme.com/confirmation for all forms ? 

jenlively_0-1627328414677.png

SanfordWhiteman

You can use “Landing Page” if it’s a Marketo LP. Otherwise, “External URL.“
jenlively
Level 3

Hi @SanfordWhiteman I was trying to confirm that I would use the exact same URL for each asset/form (without the query parameter) in Marketo...yes?

We have 52 such assets so I want to confirm that on that screenshot I sent I would select external URL and put in https://livelyme.com/confirmation for each and every one of them.

Thank you!