Re: Should we switch to Adobe Connect? How many of your website visitors are using Flash?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Should we switch to Adobe Connect? How many of your website visitors are using Flash?

Please help a puzzled Marketer: How many of your B2B website’s visitors have Adobe Flash installed?

The reason for my question is this:

For webinars we use WebEx in combination with Marketo. Because webinar participants have problems installing the required WebEx plug-in again and again, I’m looking for alternatives.

I got to know Adobe Connect years ago and really like it because it looks great, is very flexible and just works without any installation, regardless of how many firewalls a participant’s company has set up. And it even integrates with Marketo.

But – it’s still based on Flash. A few years ago that was no problem, nearly every web surfer had Flash installed. The B2B website analytics data I saw during the last two years stated a Flash penetration of 85%. That would be still OK.

But looking at the web analytics data of my new company’s website I was shocked: Only 45% of our website visitors using a desktop browser have Flash installed – according to this data. This doesn’t fit in with the numbers I’m used to at all. So either this is an error in measurement. Or our target group is getting rid of this dying technology much faster than the average user. If these numbers are indeed correct, that would be a dealbreaker for Adobe Connect.
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Amy_Lepre
Level 7

Re: Should we switch to Adobe Connect? How many of your website visitors are using Flash?

We are a B2B manufacturing company whose primary visitors are electrical or mechanical engineers. Our site averages about 100K uniques per month. We are seeing about 85% of our users with Flash installed.