Re: SFDC Campaign Member Custom Field to sync to Marketo

Iason_Kubrakov
Level 2

Thank you very much for your answer!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

I would use a custom object in SFDC rather than a campaign. The reason is that for custom objects, you can have all fields to sync with Marketo, not simply the standard ones.

Anyway, whatever solution you choose, you will have to use some formula fields to bring back the relatioship owner first and last name, otherwise you will only get and SFDC ID.

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Can you please explain why the relationship owner is set at the campaign level ? This implies that a contact can be a member of multiple campaigns and have a different relationship owner every time. Is this the real need you have ? If  this is not the case, and a contact should have a unique relationship owner at any point in time, why not using the contact owner instead ?

If the multiple contact owner is needed, why are you using the campaign object, which is supposed to help you manage the campaign flow (with member statuses), targeting (through all the features available to add members) and reporting? If these campaign features are not needed, then a custom object would do a better job.

At the end of the day, it's not just about knowing what you can sync with each object, but what are the business needs behind all this.

-Greg

Joke_Van_Essche
Level 3

Well, I'm in the same situation now and yes, I want to achieve this on the Campaign level.

Why? Because I use the Campaigns as intended. We send some batch invitations, but our Sales team can also add people to the campaign. They add them as a Member, we listen to that so there's a trigger that sends out the invitation mail and puts the status on invited. Then they can fill out a form to register, so the status becomes Registered... And so on... All of this is reflected in SF and finally our sales can follow up on their people in the campaigns.

BUT: yes, we want to be able to use a "Relationship Owner" (or in our case: "Campaign SPOC") per campaign. Now we use the Lead/Contact Owner for this, but the Owner is not necessarily the one that invites the people for the event (e.g. a private after show drink).

And yes, I can access the fields in the Smart list filter constraints, but I can't access them in a mail (to set the from-name and mail, to sign the mail, ...)

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hello Joke,

Long time no chat

Better open a new thread than adding a comment to an old one.

You should use a custom object for this. That would be easier.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Darrell Alfonso ,

Are you familiar with a workaround way to add an opportunity of a related contact to a SFDC campaign?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Netali,

This is only possible with some specific APEX developments.

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10