SOLVED

Re: SFDC campaign fields read/write rights

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SFDC campaign fields read/write rights

I’ve just set up the SFDC sync and want to add campaign sync. To prevent any unwanted changes in Salesforce – at least as long as I test everthing – I want to give the Marketo user in Salesforce only the minimal required read or red/write rights. (Similar to granting only minimal access to fields of leads, contacts, accounts and opportunites – and adding more rights later if tey are required.)

Since I haven’t worked with SFDC campaigns by now, I’d like to know for which fields the Marketo user in Salesforce needs read and/or write rights.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo will only try to write like theis when you use the program sync option. 
MKTO                             SFDC     
Program name à             Campaign Name (Name)
Channel à                       Type
Description à                   Description
Period Cost à                  Actual  Cost 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo will only try to write like theis when you use the program sync option. 
MKTO                             SFDC     
Program name à             Campaign Name (Name)
Channel à                       Type
Description à                   Description
Period Cost à                  Actual  Cost 
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Marketo shoud have access to create SFDC Campaigns as well as write to the fields above. I usually create the SFDC Campaign in SFDC. Marketo won't overwrite existing Name, Type, or Description if you do that this way. It will sum the Period Costs and drop it into the Actual Cost field if you leave Actual Cost blank.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot guys. This helps a lot 🙂