Re: Setting up SFDC Person Accounts after the initial sync has been completed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Setting up SFDC Person Accounts after the initial sync has been completed

We did our initial sync between SFDC and Marketo without doing the proper setup for them in SFDC in our sandbox.  I have since recreated the marketo fields on the account, but I don't have the option to map them.  Is this something that can be done after the initial sync?  Or do we have to start over?

field mappings.png

We also have a custom object that is related to the person account via a lookup.  I can see the object is "sync enabled" under the salesforce objects sync in the Admin menu, but we don't see the object when we look at the record in the lead database.

I am brand new to Marketo, thank you for any help that you can provide.

5 REPLIES 5
Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Hi Ashley,

After the initial sync is completed you will need to contact Support in order to submit a remapping request.  We can do this for you and get your instance ready to work with Person Accounts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!  We will open a case with Support.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Definitely contact Support.

But a couple of things to keep in mind:

• Marketo User can only see and act on what you give it access to in SFDC.
  • Many mappings are actually on the SFDC side and if these aren't done in SFDC, Marketo cannot do much about it. You will have to re-map in SFDC, then ask Marketo Support to adjust it. usually this means a lot of removing the fields from assets before the change.
  • Custom Objects have to be turned on in the Admin section. if you do not see it, then the Marketo User cannot see this object.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Josh!  I will open a case with marketo regarding the mapping.  Regarding our custom object, when I log into SFDC as the Marketo Sync user/profile, I am able to see the object/record.  I also see the object in Marketo on the Salesforce Objects Sync.  I related the custom object as a lookup to the account in SFDC.  Any advice you can provide would be helpful.

SFDC Object Sync.png

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ashley,

Pay attention that, when you activate the person accounts on the SFDC side, SFDC will create a whole list of fields that duplicate with existing account fields. They are identified easily by the __pc at the end of their API name. These fields are just duplicate fields and do no need to be mapped on Marketo, since their equivalent account field is already mapped. They should be hidden instead as they will create confusion amongst the users.

-Greg