SOLVED

Setting up a 1-week, 3-week, 6-week stream cadence

Go to solution
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Setting up a 1-week, 3-week, 6-week stream cadence

Hello,

I am just starting to understand engagement programs but one of them is giving me a bit of trouble. I would like leads in our smart list to drop into the stream and get an email in 1 week, then wait 2 weeks and get another email and then wait 3 weeks and get another email.

Our smart list changes every day as it is based on a date. We would also like the leads to get the emails exactly 1 week, 3 weeks, and 6 weeks from the date they are in the smart list.

Also there are times we will want to make sure the lead no longer gets emails when they hit a certain stage (Closed Won, Closed Lost, etc).

How can I set up the cadence like so?

Thanks,
Devraj
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Setting up a 1-week, 3-week, 6-week stream cadence

One way around the cadence rigidity (which I have heard about, but not implemented myself) --

First, you set all of your stream cadences to fire daily.  Then, allow leads to enter the engagement program, but when the leads are first put into the program, their status will be set to Paused for the desired amount of time.  Unpause for 1 day to allow the lead(s) to receive one piece of content, then re-pause or move to a new stream based on lead activity, and so on..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

One way around the cadence rigidity (which I have heard about, but not implemented myself) --

First, you set all of your stream cadences to fire daily.  Then, allow leads to enter the engagement program, but when the leads are first put into the program, their status will be set to Paused for the desired amount of time.  Unpause for 1 day to allow the lead(s) to receive one piece of content, then re-pause or move to a new stream based on lead activity, and so on..
Devraj_Grewal

Thanks Nate. I could set up a smart campaign to "pause" leads in between getting each email. Will this still ensure that they get the next email exactly 3 weeks and 6 weeks from when they first dropped in?
Josh_Hill13

Nate, not a bad idea. You could also do this with child programs, but it might get complex.

Devraj, check my slides on this issue:
http://www.slideshare.net/jdavidhill/marketo-engagements-and-drip-nurturing-boston-user-group-dec-10-2013