SOLVED

Setting the time zone automatically in all of our instances to U.K. time.

Go to solution
Hoppers13
Level 4

Setting the time zone automatically in all of our instances to U.K. time.

hi all, we have three instances of marketo (test, dev & live), don't ask!

we need to set each of these instances to always be on the correct time in the UK. Is this possible please?

our customer base is only in the uk, so hopefully wont be complex.

I have read in the prod docs that recipient time is set based on their location, but as all of our customers will be on same time zone, I'm not sure we'll need this feature (our customers are being synced by API with this data however).

any help is much appreciated!

thanks, Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christiane_Rode
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Re: Setting the time zone automatically in all of our instances to U.K. time.

There are two different places you can change the time zone, though one is for the user, and one is for your instance. 

In My Account > Edit Location settings, this will change the settings for the user. So, when they are scheduling things to run, they will see their time zone. 

If you are an Admin, you can change the location for your instance in Admin > Location.  This will change the defaults for the instance.

Here's some additional information on setting language, location, and time zone on the user side.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Christiane_Rode
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Re: Setting the time zone automatically in all of our instances to U.K. time.

There are two different places you can change the time zone, though one is for the user, and one is for your instance. 

In My Account > Edit Location settings, this will change the settings for the user. So, when they are scheduling things to run, they will see their time zone. 

If you are an Admin, you can change the location for your instance in Admin > Location.  This will change the defaults for the instance.

Here's some additional information on setting language, location, and time zone on the user side.