SOLVED

Re: set candence Engagement program

Go to solution
Renee
Level 3

set candence Engagement program

I got a stupid question, can someone tell what's the difference "repeats" and "every" mean here, what if I choose like below, how the content will be delivered, thanks. 

Repeats: weekly 

every: 2 weeks

Renee_0-1626359469642.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vinay_Kumar
Level 9 - Community Advisor

@Renee wrote:

Sorry, I still don't understand it very well. 

If from the screenshot below as you instructed, we will have first email send on 7/17 this Saturday and next email will be sent next week, which is 7/24 right ?   Yes, correct. 

How to understand the repeats?  If the cadence repeats (recurrent) weekly, which means on 7/24, if new people is added, they will receive starting from 1 casts right ? I hope my understanding is correct, appreciate you can confirm it, thanks. 

Renee_0-1626437728560.png

Yes, correct. If new people are added after 7/17 then they will receive the first email on 7/24. and the people who are already a member will receive the 2nd email. 

If you want to under more about the stream cadence then please check this link: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/email-marketing/drip-nurturing/en...

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Ankit_Kumar3
Level 2

Hi @Renee ,

As per the setting on the screenshot, the stream cast will be repeated after every 2 weeks.

'Repeat' - cast can be repeated on a weekly or monthly basis.

'Every' - after how many week(s) & month(s) you want to repeat your stream cast.

Vinay_Kumar

Hi @Renee,

If I talk about the above shared screenshot than this means that the next cast will run after 2 weeks of the first send. This simply means the next email from the stream will go out after 2 weeks. 

Repeat represents the cadence status whether it is repeats (next send) weekly or Monthly 

Every is used to set up how frequently you want the cadence to repeat (weekly, biweekly and so on)

Hope this helps. 

Thanks 

Renee
Level 3

If from the screenshot below as you instructed, we will have first email send on 7/17 this Saturday and next email will be sent next week, which is 7/24 right ?

How to understand the repeats?  If the cadence repeats (recurrent) weekly, which means on 7/24, if new people is added, they will receive starting from 1 casts right ? I hope my understanding is correct, appreciate you can confirm it, thanks. 

Vinay_Kumar

@Renee wrote:

If from the screenshot below as you instructed, we will have first email send on 7/17 this Saturday and next email will be sent next week, which is 7/24 right ?   Yes, correct. 

Yes, correct. If new people are added after 7/17 then they will receive the first email on 7/24. and the people who are already a member will receive the 2nd email. 

If you want to under more about the stream cadence then please check this link: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/email-marketing/drip-nurturing/en...

Renee
Level 3

Allow me to ask one more question...

So it seems there is no ending date for the stream ? 

Because we set up the time for the first cast and the frequency of the cadence, we didn't set up any end date. Does it mean as long as new members are added to the group, the cadence will run as per the frequency ?

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Does it mean as long as new members are added to the group, the cadence will run as per the frequency ?

Yes. I would word this a little differently - and it may sound pedantic - but the Engagement Program will run forever regardless of new members being added. At some point of course, when all members are exhausted, it won't send anything anymore. But it still runs.

If you don't want to run it anymore, turn it off. Also, you can control the availability of content on asset level:

Michael_Florin_0-1626712581443.png

Renee
Level 3

If from the screenshot below as you instructed, we will have first email send on 7/17 this Saturday and next email will be sent next week, which is 7/24 right ?

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Yes, you got it all right. New people will always get the first asset in the stream they haven't consumed yet, and in your schedule they get it every Saturday.

I think I understand the confusion here though. "Weekly" is probably misleading, as you can set your schedule to actually be daily if you highlight all week days:

Michael_Florin_0-1626442308295.png

Just switch the "Repeats" drop-down between Weekly and Monthly to understand what your options are.

Renee
Level 3

Allow me to ask one more question...

So it seems there is no ending date for the stream ? 

Because we set up the time for the first cast and the frequency of the cadence, we didn't set up any end date. Does it mean as long as new members are added to the group, the cadence will run as per the frequency ?

Thanks.