Re: Sending to (generally) inactive leads without impacting reputation

asonnentag
Level 2

Sending to (generally) inactive leads without impacting reputation

I am trying to send an email to 766 people that are currently showing different levels of inactive and have previously been filtered out of our emails. I want to do this in a way that is not going to affect our deliverability record. The question is what is the best way to handle this using smart lists? Or is it safe to send to 766 directly without any effect?

We send to hundreds of thousands usually. The levels of inactive are just they are technically subscribed, but have not opened an email from us in the last 7 years or less. 

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Not sure what this has to do with Smart Lists. But you haven’t provided any details about your “various levels of inactive” so it’s kind of hard to say anything at all. How are you defining these levels?

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@asonnentag ,

766 people out of how many?  What volume do you typically send to on any given day?

Cheers

Jo

Katja_Keesom

@asonnentag it would be good form to respond to questions from people in the community who a trying to help you. Both very valid questions to try and help you get to a good answer.

asonnentag
Level 2

My apologies, I was not getting the notifications for this. I also was out of town with a family emergency. Added to my post to answer the questions. 

Katja_Keesom

Thanks for coming back to the thread, hope everyone is ok.

On that scale, I would say 766 addresses that show a low response rate are not going to spook any mail client, unless they all happen to use the same one. Do expect a high bounce rate though, as over a period of 7 years there will be a fair few that have been deactivated. The risk could be that one or two would have been turned into spam traps...