SOLVED

Sending Dynamic Email Based on Location

Go to solution
freeza
Level 3

Sending Dynamic Email Based on Location

Hello everyone,

I would like to know whether there’s a way I can send a dynamic email accordion to where the recipient lives from a given location. 
For example, if a recipient lives 50 miles from NYC they will get an email designed with a specific SL stating see you in 2 hours or something.

and if someone lives more than 50 miles from NYC they will receive an email with a different subject line. 

Is it possible to do something like this Marketo?

Thank You!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Sending Dynamic Email Based on Location

Marketo does not natively support geofencing or any other kind of radius-based/map-based location.

You can, however, call a webhook-compatible service using a Call Webhook flow step and write data back to a custom field. Then use that field (Nearest Key City or whatever) to determine content.

P.S. You cannot create segments for every US city. There are only 100 segments allowed in a segmentation.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kaitlyn_Simko
Level 4

Hey there,

In order to make dynamic content you need to first make a segmentation.  This segmentation would have rules for every major city (eg. State = NY and Zip Code = XXXXX), everyone in your database will be assigned one segment.  After you make the segment, you can make the email content dynamic.

Hope this helps,

Kaitlyn

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Of course your response is technically correct, but I have to agree with Sanford that I don't see this use case working out too well in a segmentation. Defining any field with relevant information to create a segmentation within the technical limits and with business relevance would be a massive challenge.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Marketo does not natively support geofencing or any other kind of radius-based/map-based location.

You can, however, call a webhook-compatible service using a Call Webhook flow step and write data back to a custom field. Then use that field (Nearest Key City or whatever) to determine content.

P.S. You cannot create segments for every US city. There are only 100 segments allowed in a segmentation.