Re: Segmenting on Contact Role

Anonymous
Not applicable

Segmenting on Contact Role

Hi - I was wondering whether anyone has implemented a solution that allows for segmenting on the info in the Contact Role related list on the Opportunity object in SFDC. So let's say on an opportunity, there's 2 contact roles. One has the Role of a Buyer, while the other has a role of an Evaluator. We want to be able to segment the data in a way which allows us to just send an e-mail to the Buyer instead of the Evaluator on the Opportunity? This is more of a SFDC related question, but was wondering if anyone had run into something similar and had found a solution for the same. Thanks very much!
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Kashmira,

To segment by contact role, you would use the Was Added to Opportunity filter and add a constraint for Role. Unfortunately, you aren't able to create a Segmentation because that filter is not available there, but you could set up smart lists to segment by contact role instead. 
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

I don't believe "Role" is available in the Constraints for the "Has Opportunity" filter, so - unless someone else knows where to get that info - it's probably hard or impossible to segment on. 

EDIT: @Val: awesome, didn't know you could get it on the 'Was added to Opportunity" filter
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

If you really wanted to create a segment for this you could create a smart campaign to add people to a list, with "Was Added to Opportunity" filter with a constraint by role. If they are a member of that list then they can be in the segmentation. You'd also want to have a smart campaign that would remove them if they no longer meet certain criteria. 

Not sure there's a huge benefit unless you're using segmentations to ensure mutual exclusivity of messaging.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, all for the feedback. This is very helpful. Not sure why 'Role' isn't present on Has Opportunity. Never struck me to even look at Was Added to Oppt. I will look into that filter and see if that does it. Thanks, again for your input.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kasmira,
we had the exact query and spoke to our premier support rep as well. We are requesting this as a new feature as there is no current functionality available. if i hear anything back will post the answer here. Let's all vote for this!
Regards,
Amrita
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Here's the Idea on the community if you want to vote it up: Make "Role" an available Constraint on the Has Opportunity filter